Telenet Selects Ciena for Network Upgrade Across Belgium
Ciena to deliver programmable optical infrastructure to support growth in high-bandwidth services
Ciena is upgrading Telenet’s optical network, which connects consumers and businesses in metro areas, with a suite of industry leading solutions, including:
- 6500 Reconfigurable Line System (RLS), a photonic layer solution with built-in instrumentation and automation tools that help Telenet ensure maximum fiber capacity while enabling faster, simpler, line system deployment.
- WaveLogic™ 5 Nano (WL5n) 400G QSFP-DD coherent pluggable transceivers with support of higher performance as well as interoperable transmission to deliver 400G connectivity across all links in the network, while delivering significant power, space and operational efficiencies.
- Waveserver 5 interconnect platform for future-facing network scalability, with support for multiple generations of coherent technology along with 100GbE and 400GbE applications in a compact footprint.
- Manage, Control and Plan (MCP) domain controller, for controlling and automating the network throughout its entire operational lifecycle. Telenet is also using Ciena’s PinPoint app to ensure network availability by quickly isolating and troubleshooting fiber faults.
- Video: WaveLogic 5 Nano
- Product Page: Ciena’s 6500-reconfigurable-line-system
- Podcast: Tune in for a behind-the-scenes discussion about the history of WaveLogic technology.
Blog: Ciena Unveils WaveLogic 5: 800G and
So Much More
As a provider of entertainment and telecommunication services in
Under the brand name BASE, it supplies mobile telephony in
Telenet Group is part of Telenet Group Holding NV and is a 100% owned subsidiary of Liberty Global after the settlement of the Simplified Squeeze-Out. Liberty Global is one of the world’s leading converged video, broadband and communications companies, innovating and empowering people in six countries across
For more information, refer to www.telenet.be. The Telenet newsroom can be found at press.telenet.be.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a global leader in networking systems, services, and software. We build the most adaptive networks in the industry, enabling customers to anticipate and meet ever-increasing digital demands. For three-plus decades, Ciena has brought our humanity to our relentless pursuit of innovation. Prioritizing collaborative relationships with our customers, partners, and communities, we create flexible, open, and sustainable networks that better serve all users—today and into the future. For updates on Ciena, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases,
+1 (214) 995-8035
+1 (410) 694-5700