- + Does Ciena sell stock directly to the public?
Ciena does not currently sell stock directly to the public, so all Ciena stock purchases must be made through a broker.
- + Does Ciena have a dividend re-investment (DRIP) program?
Ciena does not pay dividends, therefore we do not offer a dividend re-investment plan. As a participant in a highly competitive market, Ciena believes that earnings are best utilized by continued investment in new product development and pursuit of new market opportunities.
- + Who do I call if I have lost my stock certificates or I need the registered name changed?
Ciena's transfer agent, Computershare Investor Services can help you with any stock certificate related questions or issues. They can be reached at (781) 575-2879.
- + Has Ciena ever had a stock split?
Ciena had a 2 for 1 stock split in which shares became actively trading on September 19, 2000. Prior to the split, on September 18, 2000, Ciena's stock closed at $207.00.
Ciena had a 1 for 7 reverse stock split which became effective at 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time, on Friday, September 22, 2006. When the stock opened on Monday, September 25, it began trading on a split-adjusted basis and closed on that day at $29.68.
- + Does Ciena monitor the chat rooms or message boards?
Ciena does internally monitor the chat rooms, however, as a policy, employees of the Company are prohibited from participating in them. Ciena considers the content of these chat rooms and message boards to be speculative and recommends that investors monitor the Company's public announcements for the most up-to-date information.
- + How do I find out if the rumors I'm hearing are true?
Ciena has an internal policy which prohibits the Company from commenting on any market rumors. All issued press releases from the Company will be posted on our web site immediately following distribution to the major news wires.
- + Does Ciena have a mailing list?
Ciena does offer a mailing list for distribution of future Company announcements. We also provide an e-mail list for your convenience. If you are interested in being placed on one of Ciena's distribution lists, please fill out this form.
- + Can you send me analyst research reports on Ciena?
It is the Company's policy to not distribute research reports.
- + How do I contact Investor Relations?
Ciena's investor relations hotline is (877) 243-6273
- + When do Ciena’s fiscal quarters end?
Ciena has a 52 or 53 week fiscal year, which ends on the Saturday nearest to the last day of October in each year. Our quarters also end on Saturdays, most often in 13-week increments, except during a 53 week fiscal year when there is one 14 week quarter. For purposes of financial statement presentation, we describe our quarters as ending on January 31, April 30, and July 31 and our fiscal year as ending October 31.
- + Why does Ciena break out expenses every quarter?
In addition to reporting GAAP results, Ciena breaks out unusual or extraordinary operating expenses each quarter so that investors can see their affect to GAAP results on an expense-by-expense basis.
- + When did Ciena go public? At what price?
Ciena completed its initial public offering on February 7, 1997 at a split-adjusted price of $18.50.
- + When and where was Ciena incorporated?
Ciena was incorporated in Delaware in November 1992.
- + What companies has Ciena acquired?
- + Who are Ciena’s independent accountants?
Ciena’s independent accountants are PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, McLean, VA.
- + What does it mean to hold my stock in "street name"?
To hold in street name means that your securities are recorded in your broker-dealer's name on the books of the issuing company or its designated transfer agent, and in your name on the books of the broker-dealer. Trading information will be sent by your broker-dealer as well as regular account statements and all other activity related to your investment. Shareholder materials, such as proxies, annual reports, or notices of corporate actions will be sent automatically by your broker-dealer as well.
- + How do I handle tax reporting if I hold my securities in "street name"?
At the end of the year, your broker-dealer will provide you with a consolidated report that includes the information you need to prepare your tax returns.
- + Questions about Ciena's 2016 Annual Meeting?